Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Faceless Girl

It was the year 1997. I was in first year college and was taking up engineering in one of the state universities here in Manila. For me to get to my school, I have to wait for a PUJ (Public Utility Jeep) along Rizal Avenue with a signage of "Mabini-Harrison Plaza" because that is the only jeep that will pass near our school.

I was waiting for a PUJ around 6:15 AM because I have class in Physics at 7:00 AM. I was not in a hurry so I was waiting for a jeepney that is not full.


As I was waiting, a cab stopped in front of me. The driver was like waiting for a passenger when I noticed a girl at the back part of the cab. I just told myself that they might be waiting for the girl's companion. I hailed a jeepney and went to school. Apparently, the cab that stopped in front of me earlier drove and stopped next to the PUJ I was when we were along C.M. Recto Avenue where there was another stop light. I noticed the girl again and this is the part that freaked me out and made me almost go back home. The girl was FACELESS. I also noticed that the cab driver doesn't know that he has a "passenger" because he keeps on stopping to bystanders and trying his luck for a real passenger.

Let me describe to you the girl. She has shoulder length hair and has no eyes, no ears, no nose, no facial feature whatsoever. Just a black hole where the face should be. Since I was freaked out and I can't go back home anymore, I looked away from the cab then the jeepney drove off. I arrived at school 10 minutes before my class and eventually forgot what happened.

I just want to share this with you guys. I don't know what it was that I encountered. Any inputs would be welcome. Thanks and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment