Monday, November 18, 2013

Baby Sister

Me and my sister have an 11 year age gap. So when she was 2 years old and I was already 13 it was then that she to started to learn how to go up and down the stairs. One night, when I came home from school I was feeling woozy and my head was aching so after we ate dinner I quickly went up to my room to sleep.
I turned all the lights off in the second floor of our house and went to bed. I can still hear my baby sister playing down stairs not too long after that and I remember the TV being off. A few seconds later I saw that the lights in my parents' room had been turned on when I turned it off earlier and the door in my room was opened by a little shadow who I thought was my sister. The light from the other room bothered me so much that I had to get up and turned it off my self.

I was so pissed off by what happened since I specifically said that they shouldn't have let my sister go up the stairs because of my massive head ache and she might fall from it. So I went down stairs to my mom but I didn't see my sister anywhere.

I asked her: "Ma, why did you let her go up stairs? She bothered my sleep!" My mom's answer was something I didn't expect, she said: "Who? Your sister? Your cousin took your sister to their house 30 minutes ago..." That's when I realized that light switch was too high for my sister to reach even if she used a chair on which wasn't available that time. And that's when I started to ask myself who was making the "baby playing" noises when the TV was off and no other house near us had a baby?

So who might have it been? It certainly wasn't my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment